Come work at Act!
Working with Act!
LOCATION: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Act! has one purpose – to fuel small business growth. We do so by delivering modern and innovative software and services, purpose-built for the unique needs of today’s small businesses. Act! is a recognized leader in the small business segment for solutions that drive customer acquisition and retention.
Act! is currently looking for a QA Test Automation Specialist to join our all-star team of dynamic, passionate, and innovative individuals. If you are interested in joining Act! Nation and Living the Exclamation please send your resume to the link provided.
- Updating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines, Jenkins jobs, etc
- Creating test automation scripts using a test automation framework
- Assisting in the development, maintenance, and advancement of our automated test framework
- Writing scripts for debugging
- Logging software defects with all relevant details (debug logs, network logs, initial root cause analysis, etc) and tracking the defect to closure
- Working with QA and Development to explain issues and suggest solutions
- Regularly and frequently communicating the status of test automation to sprint teams and QA leadership
- Exploring new testing tools and techniques and making recommendations to QA leadership
- Designing, writing, and executing automated tests for both API execution and UI functionality
- Review and perform static whitebox and blackbox analysis of automated test scripts
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience with Jenkins CI/CD tools and processes
- Experience with test automation/management tools
- Experience with investigative analysis tools (Perfmon, Fiddler, HTTPWatch, YSlow, etc)
- Experience with the Atlassian suite JIRA and/or automation of those tools
- Self-starter who likes to be challenged and solve tough technical issues
- Proven ability to work in a highly collaborative online work environment; experience working in Scrum/Agile development environments preferred
- Mature interpersonal skills with an ability to work independently with minimal oversight or direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Key Advantages and Plusses:
- TeamCity experience
- Information security testing experience
- Load/capacity testing experience
- Usability testing (manual or automated)
- VMWare vSphere experience
- LamdaTest Cross-Browser Testing Tool experience